Thursday, July 25, 2013

Terri's Journal: Week Eight

The opening of the Chatwilh exhibit on Saturday went swimmingly. We had around 40 people join us for the event. Chief Ian Campbell and Mayor Wayne Rowe were here to speak, along with other members of the Squamish Nation, and members of our Museum Board. It was an honour to share in that experience.

Coming up this weekend, of course, is Sea Cavalcade. Watch for me in the parade on Saturday, I’ll be the one absolutely melting from the heat. I’ve never been to the Sea Cav parade before, I’m looking forward to joining in. I was also asked to write the museum’s article on Sea Cavalcade in the Local. It comes out this week so keep an eye out for it.

Have fun this weekend, and don’t forget your sun protection!

Terri

Edit: Apparently I lied - my article is not in this week's Local. Take another look for it next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think...